Thursday, October 30, 2014
Calendar of Events
The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will have a Halloween Party at Pizza Hut,
Thursday, October 30, at 6 p.m. Members must wear a costume; a prize
will be given for the best costume. Parents must accompany their child.
For more information contact M. Hicks at 662-252-5920.
• Citizens Bank is having a food drive for Hearts and Hands Ministry at the main bank in Byhalia, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. For a donation of non-perishable foods, you can get a hotdog, hamburger, chips and drink. Giveaways for children also.
• “A Community Affair” Harvest Festival fun with the Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God. The fun-filled night begins at 6 p.m. with inflatables, games, hay rides, good eats and much more. The church is located at Victoria, Exit 18, off of Hwy. 178.
• Hallelujah Night will be held at Asbury United Methodist Church from 6-9 p.m. There will be games, prizes, free food, a costume contest and free giveaways.
• Chewalla Assembly of God on Higdon Road will have fall festivities, 5 p.m.-10 p.m. Everyone come and enjoy food, games and giant slide.
• Spring Hill Baptist Church, Waterford, will have a Hallelujah Harvest Festival at the Waterford Community Center, Oct. 31, 6-8. Live Christian music, food and annual “Trunk or Treat.” Bring your lawn chairs.
• Rummage sale, Watson Fire Dept., Oct. 31-Nov. 1, Fri. and Sat., 8-2 p.m. Rain or shine! The proceeds go to the Watson Fire Dept. Building Fund. We are still in the same place, 121 Watson Road, next door to the Watson Fire Dept., at the old Watson Saddle Club.
• Free Pregnancy Test, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Pregnancy Crisis Test Center, Byhalia, 662-838-8896.
• Red Banks Volunteer Fire Department is hosting a fish fry and auction. Fish fry 10 a.m. until, auction following about 3 p.m. Any donations welcome. There will be fish, hushpuppies, fries, slaw, dessert and tea, $8.
• Mom’s Night Out movie, 7:30 p.m., First Baptist Church of Byhalia. Free movie and chance to win dinner for two at Colton’s Steak House and two Malco movie tickets. The church is located at 2555 Church Street.
• Fit 4 Life Breast Cancer 1 Mile Fun Walk, 8 a.m., starting and ending on the Holly Springs Square. Proceeds to be distributed to Alliance Charitable Foundation. On-site registration, 6:15 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. Registrations fees includes free T-shirt, ages 7-16, $14; ages 17 & up, $20. Add $2 for all 2X and 3X shirts. Deadline for T-Shirts is Oct. 24. Mail payments to 319 Lester Road, Holly Springs, MS 38635.
• Singing, Nov. 1, Chewalla Baptist Church with Southern Image. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7. Everyone welcome.
• Join us November 1, for the Byhalia Christian Writers Group at the Byhalia United Methodist Church, 2522 West Church Street in Byhalia from 9-11a.m. We will have as our guest speaker this month April Carpenter, a local freelance writer. She will be speaking on the topic of leaving a godly legacy. As well, we will have a “Read and Share” offered to those interested in bringing a short piece to read from 11-12 noon. Please call (901) 378-0504 for more information.
“Repairing the Breach” hosted by Opulent Life Church and Pine Grove
Baptist Church. Special guests, GO Praise Community Choir and former
college and pro basketball player Randy Odom. Sat., Nov. 1, 2 p.m.
Fellowship, food, fun, music, games, dunking booth and more.
• Harvest Day Program will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church at 2:30 p.m. Guest will be Rev. Andre Williams of Hebron M.B. Church. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone to attend.
• Bell Grove MB Church, 853 Tyro Road, Holly Springs, will be having their Pastor’s Love Day to honor servant Pastor Marvin Lucas Sr., 2:30 p.m. Everyone is invited to celebrate this occasion.
• Cayce Baptist Church will celebrate their 20 year anniversary, Sun., Nov. 2, 11 a.m. Everyone is invited.
Victoria Heights Baptist Church is having a Fall Revival, featuring
David Jordan, Nov. 2-Nov. 5. Service times are 11 a.m. Sunday morning,
and 6 p.m. nightly, Sunday-Wednesday. Victoria Heights is located at
the corner of U.S. Hwy. 78 and Victoria Road in Victoria (look for the
• A three-day
Hunter Education Class will be held November 3-5 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
at the Potts Camp High School, Hwy. 178. Persons must be at least 10
years of age to be certified. Bring Social Security number and must
attend each day of the class to be certified. For more information,
please contact the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and
Parks North Region office at 662-563-6222.
Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club Recognition Program, Marshall County Library,
Tuesday, November 4, 6 p.m. Parents must stay with child.
• First Baptist of Byhalia will have their first annual Bacon-Cooking Contest/Harvest Festival. Free food, games and fun, 1-4 p.m. Contact Patricia Levin, 662-8950-0041, for vending spots. Judging at 3 p.m., categories include appetizers, main dish, desserts.
Saturday, November 8, 6 p.m. gospel singing, Fellowship Baptist Church,
Hwy. 309 N (Byhalia Rd.), Byhalia, featuring The Tribute Quartet from
Nashville, Tenn. Pastor Wade Crum welcomes everyone. No admission, love
offering will be taken. For info. or directions, 662-838-4377.
• Harvest Day, Free Branch MB Church, Pastor J.L. Tunstall. Guests will be Pastor Rayburn and Liberty Hill church family, 9 a.m.
14th Annual Veterans Day Celebration at Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum, 6
p.m. Refreshments provided. For additional info. call 662-252-3232.
A meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. at Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3309
Marianna Rd., Holly Springs, about a newly announced program that
provides money for future college costs.
• Barton Fire and Rescue Annual Fish Fry, 5 p.m. until. Kenny Dickerson and his gang cooking your favorite farm raised catfish, includes two sides, tea or water and desert of your choice. Tickets on sale now only $12. Pre-order tickets to guarantee availability. We will be out selling tickets door to door soon or call 662-895-7565 leave a message and we will call you to set up a time to bring them to you.
The L.A.D.I.E.S. book club will meet and discuss “What Doesn’t Kill
You” by Iris Johansen at Annie’s Restaurant at 11:30. For more
information, call 252-5380.
• Rev. Leroy James and Hopewell No. 1 M.B. Church Musicians’ Appreciation, 6 p.m. Choirs, male choruses, groups are invited. For more information contact Pat Boga, youth choir directress and coordinator, 662-252-7784.
• Berachah Ministries,
formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC, of Mt. Pleasant will have an appreciation
service for Minister Samme and Sis. Curtanya Smith, Sun., Nov. 16, 3
p.m. Special guests, Elder Nathaniel Holleman and St. Luke COGIC of
Ashland. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly
meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly
Springs, 6 p.m. Animal lovers welcome.
• Free Branch MB Church, Pastor J.L. Tunstall, male chorus anniversary, Nov. 22, 6 p.m. The community is invited.
Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC, of Mt. Pleasant will
have a 100 Women in Purple program, Sun., Nov. 23, 3 p.m. Sponsored by
Evangelist Luecity Echols. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis
• Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC, of Mt. Pleasant will have their Twelve Tribes of Israel program Sun., Nov. 30, 3 p.m. Special guests, Apostle Granville Scruggs and the Fireside COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page