Calendar of Events
• Revival, Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Rev. Robert Odum, pastor, 7 p.m. Pastor Bruce Williams and Ark of Safety Church family will be special guests. Church is located at 1865 Wilkins Chapel Rd., Waterford.
• Revival, July 28-30, starting 7:30 nightly at Bell Grove MB Church, 853 Tyro Road, Holly Springs. The pastor, “Servant” Marvin Lucas Sr., and members are inviting everyone to this worship service. Pastor Hosea Wright of Zion Hill Church is the guest evangelist.
• REVIVAL will be held at New Hope M.B. Church in Laws Hill, July 28-30, 7 p.m. nightly. Pastor is Ernest Jones. Evangelist will be Pastor Andrew Robinson of Second Baptist Church in Oxford.
• BIG SUMMER BENEFIT PARTY will be held at the Bearcat Lounge, 9 p.m. until. DJ “Mississippi Stud” will be there. Given by Lamin Sise, Samantha Shelton, Mark Beard, Mahogany Cassidy, Angela Caldwell. Benefit for Miss Sheena Shelton.
• Gospel music extravaganza, Zeta Sigma Building, July 31, 3 p.m. Sponsored by CHJ Academy and Mr. and Mrs. Isom. Fund-raiser for academic scholarships for the 2010-11 school year. All proceeds will go to the Roddrick Isom Scholarship Fund.
• All day fellowship Kimbrough Chapel MB Church, noon until 7 p.m. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor. All day youth and young adults are invited to fellowship with the pastor.
• REUNION The descendants of Hank and Mahalia Mitchell will hold a family reunion barbecue, 12:30 p.m. at Wall Doxey State Park-Shed #1. If you are descendants of Bennie Mitchell, Maybell Hamilton or Odell Hollowell or related in any other way, you are invited to attend. There is no cost. For additional information, please contact Oscar Douglas, 773-332-8365.
• Bake Sale! At Piggly Wiggly in Byhalia hosted by Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God. Be sure to stop by to pick up a delectable treat.
• Gospel celebration The Divine Reflections Gospel Singers second celebration, Sat., July 31, 6 p.m. Jones Grove Church, 305 Hwy. 7 South, host pastor Rev. John Powell. Many groups on the schedule. Climax will be Aug. 1 at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, host pastor Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. with many groups. Emcees, Pat Boga and Charles Anthony.
• Reunion meeting St. Mary’s/CADET/Holy Family reunion committee meeting on Saturday, July 31, at 1 p.m. at Holy Family School. All committee members, fellow alumni, former teachers and staff are encouraged to attend. Refreshments will be served. Willie Mallory, chairperson, 901-826-3126.
• Homecoming Sand Hill Baptist Church, Lamar, Sun., Aug. 1, 2 p.m. Rev. Norman and Mt. Newell Church family will be guests. Everyone is invited. Rev. Etoy Bogard, pastor.
• Revival Free Branch MB Church, pastor, J.L. Tunstall. Evangelist for the week will be Bishop C. Gipson.
• HOMECOMING will be held at Clear Creek Baptist Church, beginning at 11 a.m. Guest preacher will be Bro. Jimmy Curle and featured singers will be The Barnetts from Stanton, Tenn. The church is located at 1704 Clear Creek Road, Lamar.
• ANNIVERSARY The Devine Reflection Gospel Singers will have their 2nd anniversary at Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 6 p.m. Featured guests will be Jekalyn Carr and many others.
• REVIVAL will be held at Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Road, Lamar, August 2-6, 7 p.m. nightly. Speaker will be Bro. Robert Buse from Calvary Baptist Church. Everyone is invited.
• ANNUAL REVIVAL at Providence M.B. Church, 295 Withers Ave., August 2-6, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker will be Pastor Ronnie Franklin of Hebron Missionary Baptist Church, Ashland.
• Revival Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Rd., pastored by Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, will be in revival, Aug. 3-5, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest evangelist will be Rev. Bobby L. Young from Bible Temple Baptist Church in Kansas City, Kan.
• REVIVAL New Faith Outreach Ministries, host pastor, Tracy Jeffries, is having a revival August 4-6, 7 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor Terrell “T.J.” Johnson of Memphis, Tenn.
• DOG DAYS Marshall County Humane Society presents Dog Days Goes Country to benefit homeless animals of Marshall County. There will be a live and silent auction, 5:30-9 p.m. at the VFW in Holly Springs. There will be live music and food for sale.
• PIZZA PARTY There will be a pizza-game party at the Victoria United Methodist Church fellowship hall, at 7 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. All children ages 3–11 in the community are invited.
• FISH FRY will be held 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at True Vine M.B. Church, 525 West Street. Pastor Darrell Cunningham invites everyone.
• Picnic Community Temple Church, off Mt. Zion Rd., is planning a day of fun and food Aug. 7. School supplies will be handed out. Come visit us. Pastor, Frank Moore, 851-0973 or 851-3388.
• GOSPEL SINGING Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, gospel singing, 7 p.m. with the William’s Family.
• MONTHLY SINGING at Chewalla Baptist Church will feature The Smith Family. Fellowship meal begins at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. For info. call Bro. Jim Curle at 662-837-1347.
• YOUTH EXTRAVAGANZA will be held at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 6 p.m. Pastor Tracy Jeffries invites everyone. There will be free uniforms, school supplies and activities for the youth.
• Sundaes! Here’s a special treat you don’t want to miss. The Missionettes of Friendship Assembly of God – Victoria is hosting a Sunday Sundae fund-raiser 7 p.m. at the church. Ice cream will be $1 per scoop with your choice of topping.
• HOMECOMING Pleasant Hill CME Church, located in Mt. Pleasant, will hold its annual Homecoming/Family and Friends Day program, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Gipson Jones of Jersuleum MB Church of Memphis, Tenn., will be the guest. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor invites everyone.
• MISSIONARY DAY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 11 a.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Harvey Garrison.
• FREE BREAKFAST will be served every Sunday in August, 8:30-9:30 a.m. at True Vine M.B. Church, 525 West Street. Pastor is Darrell Cunningham.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a pre-anniversary service for Pastor Curtis and Evangelist Richenda Pritchard, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder George Hicks and the True Vine C.O.G.I.C. of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• FRIENDS AND FAMILY DAY will be observed at Christ Temple C.O.G.I.C. at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Johnathan Wiley and the St. James C.O.G.I.C. of Como. Everyone is invited.
• FAMILY REUNION Will Todd’s family celebration will be held at Community Temple Church, Mt. Zion Road, 2 p.m. For more details call Mother Lettie B. Todd-Moore, 662-851-7468.
• MISSIONARY DAY PROGRAM will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 11 a.m. Guests will be Pastor Robert Garrison and the McIntyre Church family. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. is host pastor.
• Guest speaker Special Guest Evangelist Ryan Post to speak at Friendship Assembly of God – Victoria at 10 a.m. Everyone is welcome!
• Homecoming Fellowship Baptist Church hosts homecoming, with dinner on the grounds and singing at 1:30 p.m. The Joylanders from Trenton, Tenn., will be guests. Wade Crum is pastor. The church is located on Hwy. 309 North, Byhalia Road.
• MEN’S WEEK will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, August 19-20, 6 p.m.
• WOMEN’S REVIVAL will be held at Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, 4205 Hwy. 78, Red Banks, August 18-20, 7 p.m.
Back to School Blast with AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of
God, Victoria. This will be a day in the sun full of fun. For more
information be at Friendship A. G. on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. Church
located on Hwy. 78, take Victoria Exit 18, right on Friendship Rd. to
• MALE CHORUS Anniversary begins at 6 p.m. and will climax at 2 p.m. on August 22 at Kimbrough Chapel Church. Fall revival begins Aug. 25-27, 7 p.m.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST will be held at The Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries at 8 a.m. Special guest will be Pastor Robert Garrison and the McIntrye Church Family. Tickets are available, for more info. call 662-551-1500. Pastor is Bruce Williams.
• ANNIVERSARY The Twilight Singers will celebrate their anniversary at the Baptist Seminary on Cuba Street, 6:30 p.m. Everyone is invited. There will be several groups performing. Donation $8.00
Prayer Breakfast 7:30 a.m. hosted by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of
Friendship Assembly of God,Victoria. All men are invited to be here and
take part in this great time.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page